Monday, January 4, 2010

Spice Route - review

It's time for another restaurant review.
This week I chose the route that brought me to the exotic Spice Route, an Indian restaurant.
The restaurant is very easy to find, is in Bellevue - Overlake plaza, right next to Chucky Cheese.
One of my pet peeves in regard to restaurants is the smell. I do not like restaurants that smell, whether Indian, Chinese, French or American. I just don’t like my clothes to smell of food when I leave the place. So, when I entered the restaurant and the smell of food was very subtle almost unnoticeable. We went for the buffet lunch, and maybe that was a factor or simply the very good ventilation, either way it worked great for me.
The food was excellent in my opinion, not too spicy but still spicy enough to give you an idea of Indian food. Service was ok, nothing extreme, but very discreet and polite. Customers were a mix of Caucasians, Asians and Indians, which is a good sign. My friends who came with me were Indians and when asked about their opinion they mentioned that the food is Indian style but bland, this usually means that no flames come out of your mouth . I am sure that you could get some hot, spicy Indian food if you order off the menu, instead going for the buffet.
Recommendations: lamb, chicken, naan (bread)
Also beware in the vegetarian section where I got a delicious pickled mango that unfortunately almost broke my tooth due to the fact that was sliced with the pit in and served as such.
On a scale between 0-10 for an exotic restaurant I give it a grade 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment